- Emergency Preparedness
- Shelter Information
* In the event the Town needs to open an Emergency Shelter, it will be located at the Recreation Center, at 1350 Chiyoda Drive.
What to Bring (And What Not to Bring)
Emergencies can happen suddenly and you may not have time to pack. Your safety is most important – grab your loved ones and get out of harm’s way! However if you do have time to pack, please consider these tips.
• Prescriptions and emergency medications
• Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
• Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
• Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
• Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
• Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled
• Chargers for any electronic devices you bring with you
• Books, games and other ways to entertain your family and yourself
• A lock if you plan to store personal items in the available lockers
• Alcoholic beverages
• Illegal drugs
What can I Donate to the shelter?
• Bottled water
• Juice boxes
• Non-perishable store wrapped foods: granola bars, crackers, cookies..etc , all others will not be accepted
• Personal items: soap, deodorant, tooth brushes/paste...
• Entertainment items: books, puzzles, games, children's toys
• Paper plates, utensils, napkins, cups
* The Town's shelter/warming center cannot accept any homemade foods. If you want to donate food, please select store-bought items. When the shelter is open, you can call to see what the specific needs are for donations. Call - (585) 872-7103.
Source: Red Cross